6.13.2012

Chalk painted bedroom furniture....

I am a huge fan of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint....something that is quite obvious when you walk through our door.  I also love to mix things up furniture wise- so not a matchy-matchy person when it comes to furniture.  Pieces that have a story or hold sentimental meaning to me are the ones I choose to surround myself with.  One way to make a room look cohesive, even with mismatched pieces is to use the same finish.  For our bedroom I chose ASCP in French Linen.





This piece is finished using Old White with clear wax and then distressed.





Up next: a bathroom mirror redo ; o )

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia











Fridays Unfolded


Furniture Feature Fridays

Mod Vintage Life

Homespun Happenings



11 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! Beautiful! I really love your style. Fantastic Job on the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry- Thank you so much! It's been a process....and a lot of painting ; o )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Your Union Jack pillow is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey- Thank you! My cousin Carolyn made the pillow. She is Sweet Tea & Linen on Etsy : o )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just redid my bedroom furniture because they were not matching pieces. I went with Duck Egg and old White. I almost chose the French linen. Your bedroom looks wonderful! I like the french linen! I am your newest follower. I hope you can visit me sometime :) I would also love for you to share this at my Linky party called Rustic Restorations Weekend.
    http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2012/06/rustic-restorations-weekend-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy- I love Duck Egg! Can't wait to see it : o ) I will link up over at your place. Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Tricia for coming over and linking up to Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought my first ASCP a few weeks ago and finally have some time to take a table from red to blue. I am anxious to try the paint because it seems like everyone who blogs loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Art & Sand- I am a huge advocate of chalk paint, lol! It is total girl paint in that it requires zero prep work. I've used it for a few years now and still stand by it. We did our kitchen cabinets using chalk paint and they have held up beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.......Your collection of bedroom funiture is very well and looks luxurious ... Good Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Modern Furniture: Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia