9.08.2014

An apple a day...

So last week ended with a trip to the doctor for me.  I was having dizziness getting up from a lying position, and shortness of breath when I was laying down.  Yeah, I know.

An EKG confirmed what I suspected- right bundle block in the heart.  My doctor was not comfortable sending me home, so I took a trip over to our local hospital ER.  EKG was confirmed abnormal and blood work showed that I have an elevated d dimer which is a fibrin degradation product- a small protein fragment present in the blood after a blood clot is degraded by fibrinolysis.  In short, pulmonary thrombosis.  Yeah, I know.

A cat scan showed that there were no clots in the lungs.  Good news, but why the elevated d dimer?  Why the abnormal EKG?  I'm seeing a cardiologist this week.  Given my family history, heart stuff was to be expected with me- but at 46 it seems a little soon.

I'm going to take a bit of a blog break this week until I figure out what is going on with me.  I feel like Dr.House and the internet has way too much information for a person like me.  You should have seen me as a psychology major.  I was ready to check myself into the nearest institution, because I was sure I had every psychosis and neurosis in the book.  

I'll keep y'all posted.  Until then, have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. Our thoughts will be with you, Tricia. Just take extra good care of yourself. Ardith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a family history of heart problems, you're doing the right thing. You've been thru a lot of work and stress with your move and renovation, so now is the time to get checked out. I had 3 major heart attacks at 49 and open heart graft surgery CABG. Family history at it's most fun. Take care of yourself, everything else can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping good thoughts and prayers that you'll be feeling much better soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Relax and let everyone pamper you! Sending prayers and good vibes your way. Lajuanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be keeping you in my prayers! Hugs to you sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be praying for you in the days ahead! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia