3.08.2014

It is happy with my soul...


It's official!  Tara of The Happy Soul Project has released the details of the collaboration between Sara and I and The Happy Soul Project.  We are officially known as Painting Outside the Lines, and I couldn't be happier about working with such an amazing momma and team!



It truly is one of those things where fate meets kismet meets karma and all is right with the world.  I spent many hours praying and hoping that something would fall into place for Sara upon aging out of our public school system, because for most kids there is just nothing.  Where their eight hour days of teachers, routine, and friends leaves off there is a void of limited choices that most times do not fit the young adult they are intended for.  But all that has changed for Sara.  Instead of me sending her off to a "day hab" situation, or a workplace where she would be minimally supervised and gullible to who knows what, she will be working for a purpose- doing something she loves- painting.  Spreading the word that it is our differences that make us beautiful- that we should choose happy and embrace our unique abilities.  That my philosophy matches up perfectly with Tara's over at The Happy Soul project just shows me again, that we are on to something, and that the world has so much to learn from our kids.   We will be painting signs with the lovely messages that speak truth and give hope to other families with kids who are told "they will never" or "don't expect..."  Words that I now know mean nothing, because honestly, your perfectly abled kids don't come with a guarantee either, but all children do come with the capability to love, to give back and to teach.



Happiness is a choice, and doing something about other's perceptions of beauty, worth, ability and love is also a choice.  I choose happy- I hope you will too!

Visit our site over at The Happy Soul Project- Painting Outside the Lines to order your own custom sign!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats! I tried to enter site, but it asked for a password,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not enter the site either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So excited to check out the site when it's up & open! :-) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you and Sara. With 24 years in special needs classrooms in a high school it is so inspiring to see you help Sara create a plan for her future. Wishing you much success. Are there any part day or evening groups to connect with her peers in your area? We have some 'out and about' groups where the young people go bowling, cooking or art classes etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not sure if there are any groups or not- Texas does not seem to be as forward thinking as other parts of our country. Travis is always telling me that I should just start something. There is a local church that does a mixer/dance a few times a year, and Moody Gardens also hosts a few parties. As for consistent events, I am not sure.

      Delete
  5. I can't even explain how happy it makes me that we found each other...Kismet, Fate, Whatever you want to call it- It magically worked out perfectly....Love having you girls on board...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shop will officially open Monday :) Squeal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia