1.23.2010

Our son Samson...




Our oldest son David has chosen to wear his hair long for several years now. It has always been a bone of contention for my dad, which usually results in him asking me why I "don't take that kid to get a damn haircut?" Truth is, I really don't care how long his hair is as long as he is washing and brushing it on a daily basis, so I never pressed the issue. I figured there would be other bigger and more significant battles to fight in the coming years, and hair length would be the least of my worries.

David came home a few nights ago with short hair. I literally did a double take. He doesn't even look like the same kid. He looks older, taller, and more mature. Who knew he had eyebrows?? I didn't.

So here he is- the new and improved 15 year old boy/man in our house. It's going to take some getting used to.

8 comments:

  1. David looks so grown up!!!!
    He is such a good kid, and a true Southern gentleman.

    You have done a fabulous job raising him!

    Actually, ALL of your children are a joy to be around!

    Love ya, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B- Thanks, I think he's pretty special too, but then I am a wee bit biased ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh! What a handsome young man! I liked the long hair too but WOW he looks so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn- I know, what a difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In order to prevent a crush from developing, I'm going to hide David's picture from my teenage daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn- Yeah, personality combined with cute and throw in a dash of mad guitarist- fatal combo. for the teen girl set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. He looks like a totally different kid. I mean, boy/man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. God. What got into that boy? Um, man?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia