10.16.2009

This and that...

I just dropped David off at the bowling alley for his first ever "date" with a girl I've never met named "Annabelle". I'm picturing a Disney like princess with small bluebirds circling and her singing...I refuse to picture the reality. I told David I would not go in when I dropped him off IF he made sure to get a picture of the two of them together and send it to my phone. So any second now my Disney filled fantasy bubble will be popped.

My kids are going to the Renaissance festival tomorrow. Nothing says family time with the grandparents quite like public drunken debauchery and women in chain maille chomping away on ginormous turkey legs.

My classroom is being used on the 26th for professional development meetings in the district. Apparently my Principal likes how I decorate.

Hunter is playing a make-up baseball game tonight and has another on Sunday. I will go on Sunday even though I still don't understand the game and tend to cheer for both teams. Touchdown!!

We are having a security system installed in the house tomorrow. I've wanted one for a while, especially since the whole "neighbor" thing. I'll be sure to have them face the big horn alarm thing in their direction to make up for the constant coming and going of diesel trucks we put up with.

Travis has decided to put off the outside siding project and house painting until the spring. I'm a little bummed. I love a project, and it feels like it's been a while since we had any house change action going on over here. Maybe we could get started on our bedroom built-ins to tide me over. Honey?

I may have a special house guest the beginning of November and I am TOTALLY looking forward to that : ) She's amazingly funny and has mad decorating skills. I have a bit of money set aside and a need for some fall decorating to be done. I'm thinking Pottery Barn fall decor...

Other than that not much is going on. I have papers to grade this weekend and my nails could use a fill. A pedi sounds about right too...

Toodles : )

6 comments:

  1. Wait? A date? This wasn't cleared with me. I've got 2 nephews that are hot a heavy with girlfriends. I'm a nervous wreck. I imagine hot makeouts and going the bases. It. Is. Killing. Me.

    I'll be there with bells, er, leaves and pumpkins on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!

    This is the perfect description of renaissance festivals, "public drunken debauchery and women in chain maille chomping away on ginormous turkey legs" -- good lord, that was funny! Let's not forget the velvet time-period dress!

    Also, "make-up baseball" and "touchdown!" Hilarious. Although, I actually don't "get" football. I mean, I know if they're in the endzone you're suppose to cheer, but all that 1st down, 2nd down shit. It's like, really? I think 1st base, 2nd base is much easier. At least I know they're trying to cop a feel.

    Oh wait. I think that's something else. Never mind.

    Yes, be sure to point that blaring siren at their house and have several "accidental set offs" every night around 3 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know your life is just plain nuts, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jammie- LOL, I will be testing that horn every five minutes this weekend ; )

    Brittany- Oh girl, don't I know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can he have a date? He's too little! Is this what I have coming? GAHHHHHHHHH.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia