10.24.2009

A room with a view...






My Principal informed me last week that the district would be using my classroom on Monday and Tuesday to hold professional development meetings in. That means that teachers from all over the district will be sitting in my room. Have I mentioned that it's a bit dusty in there?
I get a lot of compliments on my room from the old leather reading chair to the simple denim and bandana curtains I made for the windows. I also incorporated some Andrew Wyeth prints that I had framed back in college. It is a homey kind of room.
Y'all know me though. All I can think about is how I should probably pack up my Kirby and Mrs.Meyer's cleaning supplies and head up there and get ready for company.

Maybe I should leave some cookies and iced coffee in the mini-fridge.

Because I'm just Southern like that.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too cute!
    I LOVE your classroom and they will too!

    Layla :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin- I know. I am heading up there tomorrow, lol!

    Layla- Thank you : ) Can't wait to see your bathroom door project all finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say that you deserve some tea and cookies for hosting the gang in your classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that book nook!

    And, you ARE "Southern like that!"

    It was great to see you and David last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. B- Thank you : ) Had fun last night, it was great to see you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, not only is your house well decorated your classroom is like none I've seen before - good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just the coolest teacher EVER.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia