6.08.2009

Things around my house that make me happy...












I have chair issues. Especially if they are Nickel & Stone chairs. I also have a love for black furniture...and almost every piece in our house falls under that colour catagory.

The photo is of my grandparents in Key West back in the early 50's when they moved there. I love the cottage sign...

The mugs are my newest collection. I love Emma Bridgewater pottery and have hinted non-stop to my husband about my affinity for the stuff.

The new coral chandy is above our dining table. It was my early birthday present. Travis simply called it "different", and David started humming the theme to Spongebob. I love it....which is really all that matters.

The other chandy is in my closet. I love the sparkle that it brings to my mornings.

So there you have it...the things around my house that make me happy.

8 comments:

  1. All that is what makes your house BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, more photos and posts. You really do have some free time now that school is out. (thanks)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the chandelier in the closet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Countrygirl- Thanks!

    Joeinvegas- I know, aside from kid's doctors appointments I don't know what to do with all this free time!

    Seamus- It's a "dressing room", lol. I also have an antique settee (sp?) and a full length mirror in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally laughed at the Spongebob theme humming in response to the *cough* chandelier. Man, that's funny.

    Your house is lovely, you do such a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing your happy things... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, can you (or have you) post a picture of your settee? I would love to see it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jammie J- I can put a picture up for you. It has a funny story behind it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WANT THAT LITTLE BLACK SIDE TABLE! I HAVE THAT SAME CHILDS ROCKING CHAIR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia