12.17.2014

Tiny Tudor Kitchen Tour...


One of the things I love about our little town home community is that it was built in the English style with all of the houses facing in toward each other overlooking a shared courtyard.  Another vintage English feature is the oh so tiny kitchens.  This is not an open concept type home, instead the kitchen is closed off- a mere 9x12 room.  By Texas standards, that is a micro-kitchen, but I have to say it is my very favourite kitchen we've had so far.  It's simple utilitarian style makes it a breeze to cook in and clean up.

You begin by entering the door where the dishwasher is immediately on the left...


And the sink area...




 Travis built the open shelving.  What I use daily is on the lower shelf, and things I use occasionally are up top.  Yes, I dust it, no, it's not a pain to do...



The refrigerator is a fridge only counter-depth.  I like that we eat fresh food and nothing frozen.  I plan meals daily and visits to the grocer are about every other day.  This keeps me from buying more than we need for the week, and I am very strict about sticking to my list for that day...

This is where I keep pots, pans, knives, cutting boards and the microwave oven...



The stove is an electric drop-in.  There is not a gas hook up in our community- everything is electric. It was a bit of an adjustment at first with cooking, but I am getting used to the electric oven pretty well.  I designed the entire kitchen with a space in mind for the vintage butcher scale.  I love using it to keep all of my oil & spices as well as cooking utensils on...




This is our pantry that I designed to be tall and narrow in depth.  I didn't want to have a huge cavernous pantry, because I know from past experience that we tend to just shove things to the back and never use them.  This design keeps me accountable for anything that is in there...



As you can see to the right of the above picture, after turning around the room we are back at the doorway.   Small, but efficient- and simple in design.


Room Sources:
Wall Paint- White Duck by Sherwin Williams
Cabinets- Kraftmaid in Mushroom
Countertops- Honed Cararra Marble
Appliances- Dishwasher LG, Stove GE, Fridge Frigidaire
Open shelving- built by Travis (go here to read about how he made these)
Sink- Shaws purchased from Overstock
Faucet- Wayfair
Rangehood- Project Beautify
Wall Pot Rack and Knife Holder- Bed, Bath & Beyond
Rug- Dash & Albert
Dishes- Emma Bridgewater

13 comments:

  1. It looks lovely and very workable! You did a great job designing the space.

    Still hoping (someday) for an Emma Bridgewater cheese and/or butter platter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Joanne Hudson and not EB! Just designed to coordinate with EB. Love them !

      Delete
  2. I love it, it looks so pretty too. Mine is about the same size and it really is super effecient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful and perfect....I love everything you guys did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia,
    The Tiny Tudor feels like home. I think there is no better compliment. Kudos to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this kitchen but I think any space that gets your touch I love. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that when I read that you were selling your former home and moving into your present home, I thought 'Oh NO ! How can she leave that beautiful home ! Especially the kitchen !" But you have done it again, and created an absolutely beautiful, stylish and functional space - you are truly talented !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! so unexpected for a townhome. I too have a small kitchen and now wish I had put in some open shelving for interest when we remodeled it. Was your rangehood custom made? and where did you get the corbels? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Dorie's son over at Tuesday's with Dorie. Made from reclaimed wood and we love it!!

      Delete
  8. This is amazing, Patricia! You're style and talent is impeccable. Great job, girl!
    Hugs, Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia