6.09.2014

Floored...

Our flooring was not what we ordered from the sample.  It had been bugging me, and to be honest I had lost some sleep over thinking about it.

Not that flooring is a major issue- because really in the grand scheme of things it is a minor one at best.  We are healthy, we have a roof over our heads, hubby has a job, yada, yada, yada...

But it was nagging at me, so we stopped in and looked at the sample again.  Yep- totally different than what was sitting at the house.  So the rep of the floor company met us at the house.  His first response was, "Well that is an old sample".   Wrong.  Thing.  To.  Say.

I shot back with "Then remove it, because your sample is not representative of what you are actually SELLING."   Then I may or may not have casually mentioned that I blog and am on Instagram.  He backed off after that and agreed to return the wood and let us make another selection.

We chose this:


It has more of the grey tones in it with just a touch of black.  I'm liking it way better than what arrived last week.  Now the problem lies with scheduling and when the wood can actually be here, which may very well put off our move in date.

No, none of this is stressful.  (as I take another sip of wine)

It's all good, and I'm sure it will all work out okay.

Right?

10 comments:

  1. For some reason I was under the impression you'd already moved. Hey, using that blogger thing is useful at times, isn't it?
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I was surprised how fast he was back peddling after I mentioned it :)

      Delete
  2. we are putting our house on the market this week. It's nothing like your house was. Lots to do. I let those little things get to me too. It is stressful. Glad you have a place to live while you are redoing. We are downsizing from 3,000 sq ft to 1100. Sounds familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome!! So excited for you- living smaller and living intentionally are the goals for us :)

      Delete
  3. I have to admit I didn't really care for the last wood sample you showed us. This one looks muuuuuch better! Sorry you had to go through the stress! Your home is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't like it either, but I kept thinking "well, it's what I picked"....only it wasn't! No worries on the stress, it will all work out in the end :)

      Delete
  4. Oh good, now you'll really love what goes in there. I kind of love that you threw the blogger thing out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he looked concerned after I told him that!

      Delete
  5. I've gone through the whole "outdated sample" thing with flooring and with fabric sample books at the upholsterer's. They also like to claim the pricing is outdated after you've made a selection and then it turns out to cost more to get what you want. It's maddening. Glad you got it all sorted out, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me it is basic misrepresentation. If a sample doesn't reflect the product it shouldn't be in the showroom. Bad move on their part!

      Delete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia