5.16.2014

Ready, Set, CLOSE...

Yesterday morning was a whirlwind of hurry up, drive here, go there, pick up that, and hey?  Where is my hammer?

We closed on both houses back to back.  The first thing we did was drive over to the townhouse to check out the situation with the soffits in the kitchen to see if there was anything behind them.  Being able to get rid of them will open up the wall space and make the room look much bigger.  Thankfully, there was nothing behind them.   However, Travis got a bit carried away with checking the soffits, and before I knew it he had the entire kitchen gutted.  Yep, it's an empty square box and ready to become a beautiful tiny kitchen.  (I so hear the voice of the caterpillar from A Bug's Life when I say that ;)


We snacked all day on some of the sweet treats our title company gave us...


A few of my friends popped by to say hi, and one brought us this cool mower to use in our tiny atrium area...


Another friend stopped by around dinner time and brought us burgers.  We didn't realize how hungry we were until we started eating!  Such a sweet way to welcome us to the neighborhood.

Before we closed I cracked open a can of Country Chic Paint in Fresh Mustard to paint one of my mom's plastic planters.  You can read more here about how I did it...


Mom and I have been playing lots of this...


While Travis and Hunter have been hanging out with my dad watching old movies and talking.  I love hearing those conversations and knowing that they are creating beautiful relationships with their grandparents.  As much as moving is a pain, I do love that we get extra family time hanging out with my parents.

Today I will order the flooring, and start putting together a lighting plan for the house.  I need eleven fixtures total :)  This weekend is Anne's dance recital, so we will be in Galveston most of the weekend. The little house will have to sit tight until next week.

If you want to to see more of our house adventures, pictures and updates follow me on Instagram

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Hope you settle in quickly so that the reno work can begin (then I can study everything you do :)
    Blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see Travis sitting at the closing tables with a pen in one hand and a hammer in the other. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You are on your way....
    Enjoy every step of the journey,
    and this time with your sweet
    parents, too : )

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia