4.20.2014

Picking the paint scheme...


I've been looking at paint cards.  Oh who am I kidding?  I'm always looking at paint cards, but this week I have been looking and thinking about colour schemes for the new to us/old 1923 farmhouse.

For the exterior I am thinking of ones that were inspired by one of my favourite bloggers, Dorie:

Briarwood by Benjamin Moore for the body, SW iron ore for the door, whisper white for the trim and picket fence 

image via Pinterest
(The first renovation projects are going to be inside, so exterior painting wont' happen until later down the road.  We want to redo the porch to have stairs that are in the center leading up to the front door, instead of on the side where they are now. ) 

For the interior I am thinking:

Sherwin Williams White Duck for the walls...

via Pinterest



and French Beret by Benjamin Moore for the interior doors...



I am also thinking that the walls, ceilings and trim will all be painted using the White Duck.  The house is tiny and I think it would give it a more seamless look instead of chopping things up with white trim.  


We will start with the kitchen demo and rebuild and painting the living/dining room.  Once those rooms are completed we will focus on painting the bedrooms.  Then we will move in and work on the bathrooms and exterior of the house.  Travis mentioned that in eight years the house will have it's 100th birthday, so we are planning a HUGE party.  (I like planning way in advance!) and this gives us plenty of time to get her ready.  

Now we are sitting tight and waiting for that inspection report and closing.  We have roughly four weeks to go.  

On another note, we are trying to come up with a name for our new little cottage.  It's not on a pond, so I think we need to give her a name that suits her.  

Any ideas?  

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours.

    I think ... Kismet Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cottage of Dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been doing a lot of dreaming and scheming since our bid was accepted :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! I just came across your blog and love your new project! We renovated then added onto our 1951 cottage...we just bought the house next door and she needs tons of love...among other things. I loved the whole process of restoring our home, now we'll do the same to our new project. You can see what we've done on my blog...I'll be following your journey :) http://lamaisonlafortune.blogspot.com/
    am

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell upon your blog. So happy I did and cant wait to watch the reno come to life! Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia