4.30.2014

Moving limbo...


I hate the waiting game.  I am more of a "let's get this thing going!" kinda gal, but this is the moving limbo period.

My professor, a nun, at St.Mary's used to say, "Shite or get off the pot".  I loved that a nun would say that.  She was authentic as a person, and a hoot to have as an instructor.  The subject?  Philosophy.

So we wait for a few more weeks before closing.  This weekend we will pack the last two rooms and start canceling/ordering the utilities.  The last week we will deep clean the house and get it looking shiny for the new owners.

Friday we are meeting with the kitchen designer to go over our 12 x 9 kitchen plans.  Every square inch of this kitchen is going to have to be purposeful- there is no room for empty space.  This kitchen will be absent of upper cabinets, light, bright and functional.  I'm sure the kitchen design pro will be amused by my amateur sketches on graph paper :)

I have a Pinterest board set up with some ideas for the townhouse.  It may look a lot like the pins I chose for the 1923 farmhouse, but that's my style!  I am a farmhouse style girl at heart, but I am thinking that this little townhouse will be farmhouse meets a European touch of glam.  I love a good mash up.

Travis and I looked at the budget/numbers once more and determined that we can pay for ALL of our expenses using only one pay check a month.  This is going to be so freeing in terms of being able to do more and travel more.  So excited :)

Hope y'all are having a lovely week!  I really appreciate all of your sweet comments and that you are cheering us on in this adventure.


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your new place and all that you come up with for it. Love your style. I feel your pain on the limbo. I'm a "get going on it" gal too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia