3.20.2014

Slips & such...

A while back I asked Laura of LSSlipcovers if she could make some slipcovers for our two barstools.  She was more than happy to oblige and sent one of her lovely co-workers to come pick up one of the chairs and the material.

When I say "material" I mean painter's drop cloth material.  Because I love the stuff, and honestly you can't beat the Lowe's price of $10 for a big 'ol piece of nubby fabric that sort of looks like linen/hemp/vintage goodness.  And did I mention the price point??

This is not the first project Laura and her lovely crew have done for me.  There was the settee slipcovered in vintage bed linens...







Laura does more than just slipcover- each piece is truly art.  She adds small details that elevate a piece from slipcovered to stunning.

She also did the two slipcovered parson's chairs in our kitchen using drop cloth material...


When I met Laura for the first time I gave her an idea of what I wanted, but wasn't very specific because I wanted her creativity and vision to be the driving force behind the work.  I like working with artists for this very reason- by giving artistic freedom they will create something far more lovely than whatever it was you envisioned.

And Laura and her team do just that.  Laura handed over the reigns on this one to Laura Kazmierczak Martinez and let her do her thing...




They incorporated little rosettes into the seats of the slipcovers...


The back of the piece has tiny hand painted polka dots on the back.  I do love a good polka dot...




 They also incorporated the tiniest embroidery around the edges of the piece.  Just a tiny touch, but it adds so much lovely...


I have another project to hand over to Laura using this old grain sack that just happens to have Hunter's initials in it.  His vintage school desk chair is just screaming for a slipcovered seat.  Although I may be the only one who can actually hear the screaming...





If you are looking to have a piece slipcovered, I cannot recommend Laura and her team at LSSlipcovers enough!  They are prompt, professional and just so incredibly talented :)


2 comments:

  1. Amazing work! I too have an affinity for drop cloths. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, so beautiful! adds such a nice touch :) your house is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia