8.17.2013

Bonsai update...

My dad bought me a bonsai tree on our trip to Wimberley back in July.  When I asked for advice on caring for it, most of my friends wished me luck, because theirs were dead.


That made me nervous.  I am not the green thumb in our family.  So I set my plant in a sunny spot, made sure it had water when it needed it, and all of the leaves fell off.

You read that right, all of the leaves fell off.  My mother suggested I glue gun them back on.  I may have cried a little.  This was a gift, from my dad, and I murdered it!

Bonsai when I first brought it home...happier days.
My dad gave me a book he had in his library on Bonsai.  I think the main problem is that I wasn't watering it enough- just a bit each day, because when I removed it from the pot to check it was bone dry on the bottom.




So I watered it...a bit more each day...set it in the window...and hoped...

Look what I woke up to this morning!  Tiny, beautiful, perfectly healthy leaf buds!  I swear I did a happy jig and may have even talked to the plant over my morning coffee ;)



Even Mr. Miyagi would approve...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia