6.28.2013

Mellow yellow...

Custom orders are tricky- especially when they choose the colours.  It is so important to talk to the client and really get an understanding of what they want before you begin the work.  This client wanted a bright pop of yellow along with some "shabby chic" white.  I adore distressed furniture, the more the distressed the better, but I have to be careful when doing orders for others to remember that our definitions of distressed may differ greatly!

These pieces came to me in a matte black...

Dessert Gold was the paint chosen for the yellow hue, and I used Martha Stewart's Ironstone for the white.



Once the pieces were painted I went over it with a dark wax....then I hit it with 150 grit paper and sanded until it had the patina/distressing I liked.

Furniture Feature Fridays

2 comments:

  1. Oh- I hope they love it! I do! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was thrilled with it! I was so glad....those orders make me nervous :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia