5.03.2013

Come on, get happy!...



A while back I was contacted by a company to participate as a pioneer for their new website.  I was given a brief explanation of what it's all about, and after looking at it a little closer I decided to give it a shot.

I am so glad that I did!  I really believe that certain things come into your life at just the moment you need it.  I have explained before that I tend to be rather negative in my outlook on things and especially hard on myself. Happify gives exercises that anyone can do to change some of the negatives into positives.  It works on the scientific findings that happiness is 50% genetics and 50% choice.

Happify focuses on many areas, but my areas of focus are: savor, thank, aspire, give and empathize.  The first area I worked on was to reduce my stress.  I was skeptical at first, but over time it really did work!  I am now working on enjoying parenting more- something that is tough to do with three teens in the house, but just like the last track I worked on it is right where I need to focus.

The program works by allowing you to explore areas in your life and choose activities that push your thinking a bit.  I have done exercises where I look at other's perspectives and feelings to better empathize and understand where they are coming from.  Some of the activities force me to slow down and savor moments as well as look forward and anticipate the joy in small events.

I have three Happify invites left to give and I would love to invite you to join in this activity.  It only takes about thirty minutes of your time each week and the return on your time is so worth it.

The first three people to send me an email with their email address will receive and invitation to join!

What are you waiting for?  Come on!  Get happy :)



14 comments:

  1. Let's get happy!

    infinitysandraj@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds interesting! I'm generally pretty happy, but with chronic pain it can get a bit tough at times so I'm game to try anything!

    CherylH @ twcny . rr . com (without spaces, of course)

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl...You got it! Look for an email with your invite!

      Delete
    2. Thank you SO much! I'm having fun poking around the website!

      Delete
  3. Have you ever read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin? You might be interested in that. It's all about simplifying and loving the normal things in life. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually based off that book- I did read it and loved it :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds really cool!

    ferncreekcottage@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog. newest follower. come say hi if you have time! marcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiness is what we should all strive for, all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia