6.01.2011

In just four days...

This beautiful girl will walk across the same stage I did 25 years ago and get her high school diploma.  To the doctors who said she would never walk, talk, or attend public school: you were so wrong- she not only walks, talks, and attended school, but she reads, writes and does basic math.  She is an amazing swimmer and bowler.  She is wonderful with kids and will work part time next year with our three year olds in the Special Education program.  She has a wicked sense of humor and is fun to be around.

She is so much more than what the doctors said she wouldn't be.

PS-Last night I told Sara that I wanted to give her something, so after her shower she came into my room and I gave her my senior class ring to wear until hers is ordered.  She noticed her school name on it and told me she loves it!

4 comments:

  1. She IS a beautiful young lady. I know ya'll are so proud of the young woman she has turned out to be. Just goes to show you that the doctors don't always know what they are talking about. I wish her so much happiness for her future. I have a feeling she has a wonderful life ahead of her. Congratulations Mom for raising such a great person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Sara! Yea mom for doing so much for the kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the woman she's become and the mom that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, so proud of Sara. I have my own special angel who has Down Syndrome. She was on a feeding tube until she was 8 months old and had open heart surgery at 4 months. You can see some photos of her here http://cedarhillranch.blogspot.com/p/family-photos.html


    We are in Texas also. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia