9.01.2010

It is what it is...

I went back to the breast center to get my re-squish done on the right breast. Also an ultrasound (so weird to look at that screen and not see baby parts!).

The result? Well, I noticed it right away- not your typical calcifications, but a large grouping of small ones that are clustered behind the nipple.

Next up: a stereotopic core biopsy scheduled for the 23rd. They gave me a script for a 10 mg valium, which if anyone knows me well will understand that unless I chase it with a fifth of vodka that little pill is not going to keep me lying still on a table while they hack into my boob.

Wish me luck...

9 comments:

  1. Sending thoughts and prayers to you from Middle TN.
    My SIL was at MD Anderson for tests yesterday. They should know more in a couple of days.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... enough with the copying me.. stop it.. thinking of you.. waiting for results is the worst bit... whatever it is. Right now is the worst bit... honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. My aunt has recently been through this too- and come out the other side. I know you will too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you! Been there, done that - know how it just sucks for lack of a better term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, honey, I'm so sorry. I'll be keeping you in my prayers -- good grief, I don't know if the waiting part is worse or if the delay is better? The 23rd is a long ways away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any vodka, but I know where to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck and keep me posted on the results.
    LOve & Miss ya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia