8.08.2010

Laundry room mini-redo...






Hubby spent the weekend out at the deer lease. Getting this laundry room built out, painted, organized and functional is #1 on our "to-do" list. Unfortunately, without Hubby there is very little I can "do" on my own. After stubbing my toe on a pile of who-knows-what's in that box, I decided to take matters into my own hands and give this space a "mini-do" that will tide me over until we can fix it up proper.

The wire shelf was in the original pantry, so I pulled it into the laundry room to put the wire baskets on. The skirt is actually from under my classroom sink and wouldn't work for my new classroom. I fed some twine through it, tied it to the wire shelf posts, clipped it with wood clothes hanging clips (to hide the noticeable saggy parts) and called it a day. Then I rescued this large basket from the original pantry and tied a burlap bow to it. The picture/dress is my baptismal gown that both the girls wore for their baptisms. (dad's side is Episcopal, so I go with the traditions)

So that's it. Easy mini-do for the laundry room on a Sunday afternoon.

Now if I can get Hubby to commit to a build out date...

7 comments:

  1. Looks good! I'm sure you can convince the hubby to get it done quickly. Wives are good at stuff like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vince- Yeah, I have my ways ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, a brand new house and already remaking it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting pics, your houses are always such an inspiration. Makes me almost want to get up and dust :o) See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you always inspire me! looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks darling, just darling, I wish my laundry room could hold all that stuff, I would be in heaven and look that cute! your mini makeover would be a big makeover at my house!! lol...good job sweetie!! xo (p.s. all is good just busy busy, well you know how that goes!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia