2.19.2010

Across the pond...

No, we are not now moving to England.

We did, however, find a house.

On a pond. Ish. It's really more of a man-made mammoth puddle in a subdivision of new homes and other man-made mammoth puddles. But hey, it's probably the closest we will ever get to waterfront living. Unless we have another monster hurricane in Galveston.

This house is a smidge smaller than the last house. The garage has a five foot extension instead of a four car garage. Travis cried while lying in a fetal position on the garage floor, but I'm sure it's quite normal for men deal with loss in their own special way.

On the inside of the house (all 2,100 square feet of it) will be a study (to be used as a bedroom), formal dining room (also to be used as a bedroom), three other bedrooms (actually intended to be used as bedrooms and being used as bedrooms), one living room & kitchen (that thankfully will not be used as bedrooms)- and a porch that overlooks said man-made mammoth puddle. The end. Good news is that the kids can canoe (which we don't own), paddle boat (nope-don't own that one either) and fish (we do have a pole!) AND when kids start moving out we will not be staring at each other wondering what to do with all of the extra space. However, we may be wondering what to do with the canoe and paddle boat.

The other half of the coin is that the house will not be finished until late May. May, people. May. That means packing up, moving everything we own into a storage facility, and moving in with my Mom & Dad whom I have not lived with since I was seventeen years old. For a reason. I'm thinking about buying stocks in grape vineyards...and possibly a canoe.

So, tomorrow at 10:00 am we will be heading on over to the sales office to meet with the perky home sales-girl to sign papers on our new home.

Stay tuned...

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your move and your new house!! ....the whole living with your parents, well...hmmm...let me know how that goes!! And one more thing, tell your story...please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, stop. . I just don't feel like you are happy about this place at all. Smaller was not what you want, a malarial backyard is not what you want, the study is a bedroom? This is not something that you even seem thrilled about short term. Other homes will present themselves. Nothing about this seems right or easy, just let it go on down the road. Either way you'll be storing and renting/bunking with parents, there are options, I don't mean to sound bitchy or bossy, I just get such a bad feeling about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my...
    I am here to have a glass (or ahem, bottle) of wine with you during your stay with your parents!
    Who am I kidding?! I'm here to drink wine with you anytime! ;)

    Good luck with the house hunt, signing, or whatever makes your heart flutter.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoppers- Yeah, me too. I think we are going to look a bit more...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think you sounded very happy at all. Another look would probably be good. Hugs Lisa L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Homelessness didn't suit you so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia