1.30.2010

Waiting for the postman...




Travis ordered this for us as our combined Valentine's Day gift. Then he admitted that he bought me something else too, which I thought we agreed we weren't going to do- stinker. I've always wanted one of these to use as a coffee table. I am falling deeper and deeper in love with the industrial look in decorating.
Travis plans to lightly sand the top and then give it a good slathering of wood oil. He wants to clean up the hardware and get some of the rust off. What do y'all think? Keep the rust or lose it?

11 comments:

  1. Keep the rust! If you're worried about it rubbing off on the floor, just spray it with a little matte finish polyurethane.

    Lucky girl~I've wanted one of these forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will like the rust too. I love this look!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annebell- We found a website where they are "reasonably" priced. Not anywhere near the 5-900 dollar ones I've seen!!

    Stacey- Thanks: ) Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it! It has a lovely patina!

    Thank you for the supportive and thoughtful comment. I am better today. :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. B- You are more than welcome. I sometimes drag out the hat and confetti from time to time- it's perfectly normal to do. You just don't want to get a ring around your forehead from wearing that hat TOO long... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin- I hope Jack doesn't take to licking the rusty wheel...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep the rust, yes poly it to seal it in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joe- Yeah, we are thinking that too : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2010/02/decor-inspiration.html

    Saw this today and it reminded me of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoppers- Hi! Hunter has been asking about your boy and the chance of a possible play date! I'll go check out the link...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia