10.10.2009

The Longest Week...





This week seemed to take a month to get through. Demands at school were high, throw in a trip to the ER with Sara and a couple of kid's school fundraisers...well, it seemed as if I would never see Saturday.

Sara burned her lip on a chicken strip. Yes, I know how funny that sounds, so much so that I was convinced that it was the precursor warnings for Crohn's disease or even impetigo. I'm a fatalist like that. It was neither. Turns out she simply bit into a way too hot chicken strip. Next time we go out it will be for burgers.

Hunter got to play the role of mad scientist this week. Green goo/slime stuff. Thank you, Bill Nye.

Laura's baby shower gift (see post below) is all wrapped up and ready to go. I can't wait to see her face when she opens it! I know she will love all the beautiful goodies my cousin Carolyn made for her. Carolyn is working on some fabulous slipcovers for my french country bar stools. Photos of those soon!

I couldn't resist filling up my glass canisters with some fall coloured goodies. The pumpkin just sort of migrated to the vintage scale I bought from Tara's Vintage Kitchen shop. Love that thing!

It's officially fall here in Texas. We are not supposed to get above 75 degrees today. FINALLY. Maybe now the mosquitos full of Texan blood will go away.

I'm taking a three day weekend- Monday is a personal day for me. I just needed a respite day to myself. I think shopping will probably rejuvenate me for the week.


Y'all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that lip of Sara's looks really sore, poor girl!

    You have been one busy lady. I know what you mean about three day weekends... sometimes you just need to take a day for yourself.

    *muwah*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you do need a day to yourself. Some weeks it seems like you can't win for losin. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't even wait for the leaves to turn gold and red. Anything below 80 degrees constitutes fall around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia