9.27.2009

Texas Style Fall & Sara's Bedroom...










It's fall y'all!

Well, how about it's only 89 degrees with 90 percent humidity? Waaay better than our 100 plus degree days and 100 percent humidity. That's what I'm going to keep telling myself anyway...

I've been playing this weekend. Hanging out with my little Bear, going to the movies, doing small fall-sy things around the house. Travis worked all weekend (cha-ching) so that we could begin our exterior siding redo project soon.

Oldest son David has the flu after getting his flu shot. Totally normal. I get so peeved by folks who don't get the shot because they think it will PREVENT the flu. Um, no- it just keeps you from DYING from it. So David is camped out on the sofa with his Tamiflu meds and ibuprofen. He should be golden in a few days.

Thought I would share some pictures of our oldest daughter Sara's room. She is our 17 year old and just loves her "giant bed" and cozy reading chair. And yes, she keeps it this neat. She is my ONE child out of four that is as orderly as me.

Last weekend I had Travis drag the HUGE mirror from our bedroom into the hallway to "open it up" a bit. I have to admit it's a bit of a shock to look up and suddenly see yourself coming toward yourself. I tend to walk and look at my feet, so it's a shock for me at least. I'm liking it, but I'm not sure that I'm loving it, so the HUGE mirror may migrate elsewhere at some point.

This week will prove interesting at work. I haven't shared much about that...but I will at some point.

7 comments:

  1. Love Sara's room, can you pop over here and help me out decorating for a Halloween Wedding .. friend is getting married.... doesn't want ghoulish....

    And graduate school... as I am catching up... you had to try, or you wouldn't know if it would fit or not. It didn't fit at least you tried, how many of us don't ever try stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See? Isn't down time good? I'll have to take some pictures of my fall stuff and send them to you. It's taken me 2 weekends to do but it's done.......till Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noonie- I would cross the pond in a hearbeat : ) Problem is I wouldn't want to come back!

    Kristin- Oooooh send pics, you know I'll post them! Your porch is always AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Sara's room. So pretty and sophisticated. My daughter went through a neat-nik stage, but it passed quickly!

    Sorry David has the flu. I got sick too after getting my flu shot. This is the first time it happened to me in a long time! And they say it doesn't give you the flu! Yea, right. Hope he feels better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy- Thank you, hopefully my little neat-nik will stay that way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Sarah's room and the hall mirror!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia