8.09.2009

Weekend activities....a contrast










Travis spent the weekend putting a two inch lift onto his jeep. He had fun. I don't know what part of sweating in the garage and playing with tools is "fun", but he had it.

I spent Friday night at our school lock in until midnight putting together a bulletin board outside my room. The inside of my room has been finished for a while, so other than reorganizing my file cabinet I am done. Our Principal had dinner catered in for us, then spent the night asking trivia questions and playing name that tune for prizes. We all had to answer by calling the office, then run down to the office to claim a prize off the table. We laughed a lot, and really what a great team/moral building event!

Saturday night found us with four additional giggly pre-teens descending on our home. Anne's Cabana Bash was a huge success. Shish-k-Bobs, frozen drinks, swimming and a flip-flop cake. They swam, ate, did skits, danced, ate, sang, giggled, ate and slept just a little bit. Travis got up and made his famous Sunday pancakes and bacon. Anne showed off the message he included on the inside of her shelf that reads "Good night toodle, I love you Poppet". Such a good dad.

Sara left for camp today. She will be gone all week. I am going to miss her, but sometimes the break is a welcome one. I know I will be glad to see her back next weekend. If anyone wants to send her an e-mail you can at camps@downhomeranch.org then in the subject box type Sara Keller. She will be there until next Saturday.

Tomorrow begins my "new to the district" training. I am also registering for a fall graduate class that will meet every other Saturday.

Other than that nothing much is going on.

11 comments:

  1. Ok, you KNOW I hate feet....but I would absolutely eat those flip flops!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I love those flip flop cakes! And hopefully, this week will go quickly so that you won't have to wait long before your little girl returns home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flip-flop cake! Is that supposed to be downhomeranch in the e-mail?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are talented with those cakes, along with the classroom, house, jeep, . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Building and fixing things is a guys idea of paradise. Nothing more satisfying that doing mechanical type things.

    You amaze me with those cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura- Cute and yummy cake : )

    Lynn- Thanks!

    Nanner- Yikes, fixed it! Ranch is correct!

    Joe- Thanks!

    Vince- Thank you : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet thing Travis wrote on Anne's shelf. :)

    I'm glad you had fun at your lock in. Not so sure I would have embraced it like you did...

    I hope Sara has a great time at camp... what does she like to do most there?

    Nothing much going on other than that, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just re-read your closing paragraph. Fall graduate class? What are you taking?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jammie- I tried to send you the e-mail addy for Sara, but the address I have for you came back. Drop her an e-mail- she remembers who you are from your visit : ) Sara's favourite activity would have to be the cook-outs, lol! And the kayaking.
    The lock in was super fun, the trivia stuff was great.
    Grad class is Successful writing for struggling students. It's a class that is taught by a group of teacher researchers using the Funds of Knowledge approach for struggling writers. Should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your classroom is already done? I'm so impressed, mine is so far from done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kate- I worked on it through the month of July...sort of cheated! Other teachers in my building are just now pulling it together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia