1.07.2014

Finding my cup of tea...

One of the things I say a lot is, "that's just not my cup of tea".

I tend to speak like an 85 year old woman.  This fact does not escape me.

How do you know what it is that you are supposed to be doing?  How do you find "your cup of tea?"

I love to paint.
I love to decorate.
I love to peruse beauty in magazines, Pinterest, Instagram, blogs.
I love to organize.
I love to cook yummy meals.
I love to fluff the cottage.
I love to grow things.
I love to design.

I used to worry so much about having a "job", but the truth is that what I do here each day is a job.  A real job.  Maybe not one with a huge paycheck, but it definitely pays me back in other ways.

This morning I read this:

You are without a doubt, right smack dab in the middle of God’s will when you are doing all the things you do everyday to serve the people around you.
Read more at Life in Grace


And it so resonated with me.  I was a teacher, then left that and felt pressured to work, have a job- a career.  But really, what makes me happy is being a homemaker.  I love making a home.  Teaching my son, cooking, fluffing/decorating/arranging.  It is my job. The best job.

My cup of tea.

4 comments:

  1. Amen sister! I feel exactly the same and so lucky to be doing this job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first visit thanks to your comment on my blog, and wow...what a wonderful place to land! I just took the cottage tour and will say that you have a gift and are doing what you were made to do at this moment. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia