3.23.2013

Framed...


I have mentioned many times that my friend Melaine from My Sweet Savannah has done many all of the signs around our cottage.  Her blog is one that I go to for inspiration and even though we've never met in person I really think that if we lived closer we would be sipping tea in that gorgeous kitchen of hers and sharing conversation like old friends.  She is beautiful inside and out and really gets the importance of creating a home that is warm and friendly.

Also, the woman can work a table saw.  She has mad skills at frame building and has built a few for me in the past.  The pictures I chose to frame and display are near and dear to my heart....

Sara's high school graduation picture.  Love this one!
Recently I asked her to build me an odd shaped frame so that I could put my Grandpa Jack's high school graduation picture in it.  He graduated in 1921 in New Jersey and instead of medical school (his dream) he went to pharmacy school so that he could support his mother and family.  He was the hardest working person I knew and had an amazing understanding of people and what true work ethic looked like.  He was a life long learner and I like to think that some of what he had passed on through me and to my own children.   He never took things at face value, he read, researched and asked lots of questions.  Come to think of it I am a lot like him ;)

Here is what Melaine sent me...perfection!

Just to give you an idea of the size of this frame and how well she packed it!







Along with the frame she sent me a little extra surprise....but I will post about that one later ;)
If you are in the market for gorgeous, vintage wood, chippy, perfection type frames- then give Melaine a shout!

2 comments:

  1. The frame itself is a work of art. And the story behind the picture is worth telling again and again...your grandfather was an amazing man!

    I follow Melaine's blog but didn't know she was such a great woodworker! I will keep her in mind when I'm looking for frames.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! Can I have it back? Just kidding. Thanks for the shout out! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia