3.22.2015

Around the tudor...

We are entering week 8 of this bloody strike.  Travis is going to test and hopefully interview with another company this week.  Fingers crossed that something will happen, because Travis doesn't do idle time very well.  In saying that he has not been idle at all since this whole thing started.  Thankfully he has had a steady stream of small woodworking jobs.  He is happiest in his workshop, so along with making a little money his mind is occupied.

The laundry room is finished except for the tile on the opposite wall above the sink and washer...


Travis is usually here in the garage working on something...





Hunter celebrated his 14th birthday...




  It's amazing to me that just 13 years ago he looked like this...

like father, like son...
We have kept up with our traditional Tuesday night date night with these two...


Rodeo and Blake Shelton
 We celebrated World Down Syndrome Day...



at our GHFEDS party...
Created a new joke in the family about what it feels like to kiss my husband...


wokka, wokka, wokka...

Spring has sprung in Texas...



Back in February I was elected to our HOA board.  I was elected as VP, so my neighbor gave me this comic...


Hopefully this next week will bring an end to the strike or a new opportunity for Travis.   Good juju...

8 comments:

  1. The strike lingering on like this has to be hard. It's good that your husband has those skills to keep him busy. Happy birthday to your son. Has he had his tests yet. He looks like a happy kid. I love the pictures of your daughter and her boyfriend. They are just the cutest couple.
    Hope this week brings happy news to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No testing yet- waiting on health insurance to be reinstated after the strike is over. Hoping that is very very soon...

      Delete
  2. pretty in pink Sara and happy birthday to Hunter. Sounds like you're all keeping busy over there, best of luck on the interview to your hubs. P.S. I rocked my socks this week too at www.mbzinteriors.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fingers are crossed for your husband to find a job! Happy birthday to Hunter!

    End of tenancy cleaners Greenwich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your laundry room is coming along very nicely. Lucky you to have a handy hubby. Eight weeks is a long time. Hope it works out one way or the other soon. Teachers and support staff here are looking at possible strikes coming up. I hope I'm not affected because hubby has been only partly employed since last June and finding a hard time getting a replacement position equal to the one that was outsourced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a feeling like none other- I am angry and resentful that at our age we are being thrown back into financial uncertainty. I am NOT a fan of unions- I know they are a neccesary evil, but not a fan. Good luck to you- it's not easy.

      Delete
  5. I love your home, it is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia