10.27.2014

Around the tudor...

With Travis working this turnaround schedule I seem to spend the majority of my time in the kitchen.  Not that I mind, I adore my little kitchen.  For such a small space it really is light and bright, and so easy to cook in!





Of course, the nicer the meal the more dishes you have to dirty!


I got my slipcovered chairs back from Lsslipcovers, and just like any other pieces they have done for me- they are divine!  I said the word "ball gown" for my vanity chair and they delivered!


Sara's gallery wall finally got painted.  Projects are at a slow pace right now, so getting this one wall done was the limit for the month...


I also traded in Mr.Darcy, my Mini Cooper, for Mr. Bingley, my new Mini Cooper.  I lease my vehicles because I love new cars and can't just live with one!  I upgraded to a bit larger car- the Countryman S.  It seats five, so it feels so much bigger!



Sara and I walked the Step Up for Down Syndrome this past weekend.  I love how aware she is of Down Syndrome and how confident she is in talking to others about what she is doing with her time now that she is out of public school.  She loves homeschooling and adores the classes she takes on Thursdays.



I did get a new rug for the living room- Dash & Albert rugs are my very favorite! I love how preppy this one looks...


Fall decorating is at a minimum this year.  Most of our attic things are still in storage, and we won't get to cleaning that out until Travis is back on a regular schedule.  So the kids and I picked out a mum and a few pumpkins and called it a day...


We are busy with classes, reading, painting signs and just being.  I don't really feel the need to change things around or shop- I'm just content to be here.  I am taking that as a sign that we are exactly where we need to be- wacky neighbors and all ;)

10 comments:

  1. I love it! the pictures, the updates, everything especially the feeling of being content in the here and now and feeling you are right where you need to be. happy for you. I too am feeling the urge to just be, not to buy more, to just enjoy what we have...tempted sometimes but thankful always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have a small space that forces me to edit even more. I find myself getting more creative with what I have instead of searching for more stuff to fill the space. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you- it's from Reed Doors. We love it :)

      Delete
  3. I just love your home! It's so cozy and inviting! I think I could come and curl up on your sofa and feel like I belong! I keep going back and looking at your photos. I don't see one thing I'd change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fall decorations have been zero, goose egg, nothing. LOL I love the slipcover. It's lovely. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia