6.27.2014

This needs to stop...

Friends, I am asking that you look at  THIS  seller and leave a review for Amazon.   Those of you who follow me on FB, or know me personally, know that I am passionate about my pledge to end the use of the R word.  It's a slur- an ugly one, that needs to disappear.   I am working so hard to make our society a place that sees people with Down Syndrome and disabilities as ones who can be productive and purposeful in society.  The phone case that I discovered this morning featured a girl with DS on the cover and the R word in the product title.  It has since been taken down by the seller, only to pop up somewhere else in the hopes that the 200+ people who left negative comments wouldn't find it again.  This type of senseless "consumerism" boggles my mind.  Who would want to be seen spewing such hate?   Would you look at this picture and call my daughter the R word, or advertise it on your tshirt or phone case?



Please go HERE and leave a review for Amazon.  I will NOT be ordering items from Amazon until this product is removed.  I'd also like to see an explanation/apology as to why this type of garbage was listed in the first place.    Let them know that this is not acceptable- that we have a voice and it will directly impact their bottom line.  Because in selling trash like this it is obvious to me that Amazon values their bottom line more than the people it serves.

20 comments:

  1. That's so awful!! Hope they will remove all of that merchandise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely horrible. I wrote a review and I hope they remove it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering it's an Amazon merchant (not directly sold by Amazon, just offered through the marketplace), it's probably best to start with contacting the merchant. It looks like they sell hundreds of "humor" (yes in quotes) cases and likely have not reviewed each one. I would start by asking them to pull it and review their other offerings. They are a new seller with no feedback, so I would start by trying to help them to understand why they are starting off on the wrong foot. If that goes well, great, if not, then I would take it up with Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like they pulled the page. It was going viral fast. I love the power of sicial media :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like the product page/seller was removed! Thank you everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neither of the links work anymore. I hope this means that Amazon has removed the offensive page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is disgusting! This link is still up-http://www.amazon.com/Tearproof-Depressed-Melancholia-Miscellaneous-Protective/dp/B00L5DVQCC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403875796&sr=8-1&keywords=Melancholia-Syndrome-Miscellaneous-Depressed-Protective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moved again, but now my links above are direct to the seller. We need to make our voices heard!

      Delete
    2. This one seems to be gone too.

      Delete
  8. That is terrible! What is the world was the company thinking? I tried the links above but it only went to a white screen so I'm guessing it was removed. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tricia, have you read the blog, "Mugwump Woolies?" She has a daughter with Downs too, Annie. (age 27, I believe) Their family inspires me! Yes, I agree, people need to be continually educated on this. It should not be tolerated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read her blog- I will look it up now! Thank You :)

      Delete
  10. Hello, from Robyn...and Annie...from Mugwump Woolies! Thank you for working to get rid of these offensive products. We are happy you visited Mugwump Woolies and look forward to getting to know you and Sara through your blog. Hope you are having a great weekend.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyn! So glad you stopped by. We are looking forward to getting to know y'all as well. Sara is always excited to read about new friends!

      Delete
  11. I wasn't sure where to comment. It sounds like it was removed. If it wasn't please let us know what to do. I am shocked that they offered a case like that. So sorry. It hurts when that word is used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debby. The product was removed along with several others that were equally offensive. I just can't wrap my mind around anyone making a dollar off of hurting a group of people who cannot defend themselves. It just shows a lack of character and moral compass on their part.

      Delete
  12. I clicked on HERE but it didn't go anywhere so hopefully that means they took it down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia