4.08.2014

There's no place like home...

The cottage sold.  We close on May 15th, and since the town home we were looking at is now under contract- we will essentially be "without home" for an undetermined amount of time.

We will be staying with my parents (again) while we search for our new smaller home.  We know the area we want, it's just going to be a waiting game to see if any go on the market.  Do you think it would be weird of me to knock on some doors and ask the owners if they plan on moving?  Yeah, I envision that not going over very well.

So while we pack and move, sit and wait, hem and haw... I will be posting a series on how we plan to de-clutter, simplify and live smaller.  I started with my side of the closet, so now I just need to get hubby to let go of his 1990's Garth Brooks western shirts.  I wish I was joking, but I'm not.

The night I got engaged to Garth...
Yes, that very shirt from 15 years ago is still hanging in his closet.  Super heavy starched so it could stand on it's own volition.   Also, he irons his jeans.  But the hat, oh my heavens to Betsy- I adore a man in a black felt Stetson...he can keep that.

Back to our lack of home dilemma.   I am going to focus on lots of field trips with Hunter and wrapping up our math curriculum so that we can move on to the next level.  I will also post some sample boards of the types of kitchen cabinets, countertops, and flooring we are considering for the next abode.  The town homes are 40+ years old, so we know a complete renovation will happen.  Somewhere...some time...

Until then, I hope y'all are having a wonderful week :)

5 comments:

  1. That was quick!! We sold our last house that fast too. It doesn't give you any time for regrets or worries you just have to forge on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Crazy fast! Fingers crossed something opens up in the area you are stalking fast. :-)
    If you get to your kitchen and are still in the declutter & purge mode, give a shout if your parting with any of the Emma Bridgewater! It's a longshot, but I had to throw it out there. lol
    Bring on the whirlwind of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the new journey begins. I'm not surprised that your home sold so fast. Maybe something will come up before you move. Good luck.......it will be exciting for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to miss your beautiful cottage, but I am excited for this new adventure for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You home sold so quickly. That is wonderful! I hope ours sells in a reasonable amount of time when we get ready to put it on the market. It can all be so stressful. I look forward to seeing a dream board of your new home ideas.
    Blessings to you,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia