12.14.2013

Dresser revision...

In teaching writing we would spend a lot of time learning how to revise, or "re-vision" our pieces.  I do the same thing with furniture pieces.  

This dresser belonged to my dad when he was a kid. It's maple, and I'm pretty sure I have put at least 50 coats of paint on it over the years.  I kid, sort of...  

The last time it was photographed it looked like this:


This morning I woke up and transformed it into this:


It's a little more distressed than most people like, but I love the overly distressed pieces in our home.
The top was stripped, sanded and stained in a dark walnut. The body of the dresser is Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint in Artissimo.  The doors are SW Moderate White with some chalk additive.  The entire piece is clear waxed and buffed.


I love how it looks next to the Blue Artissimo fabric (also used by Miss Mustard Seed)...



It's fun to revision an old piece now and then :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It goes so nicely with your curtains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted something that picked up the colours in the curtains, but still looked a bit manly. It is Travis' dresser ;)

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful! Love the way you've styled it as well. Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's blue soiree. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/12/anything-blue-friday-week-38.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia