6.26.2012

Best Birthday Present EVER!

About a week ago I sat down and wrote a long teary post about how my husband was not much on birthdays- namely mine.  Then I deleted it.  I don't know why, but I just needed to get it out and then throw it away and move on.

Today we went to pick up our little Bear from the airport.  One and a half weeks away from home visiting his grandparents and I was SO ready to see him.


So on the way home we began talking about my Jeep.  It's never been my favorite vehicle, but I chose it because it seats seven and with four kids & friends I thought I needed it.  Turns out when your kids become teens you really don't need a car that size.

So we stopped at the Mini-Cooper dealership.  To look.  I've wanted a mini since the first time I saw them in Europe.  Having owned a Smart Car it is evident that I am a lover of small cars.  I was going to be strong, and just look....but then the nice lady (Hi Dottie!) asked if I wanted to test drive one.  I was dead in the water- it was over.  I was hooked.  I wanted that car.

So Travis bought it for me!  Squeee!  I own a Mini-Cooper!  I had to name him before leaving the dealership, and hula-hoop (I know, scary sight!)
Meet Mr.Darcy:











So whatever I wrote that day about my husband not really putting effort into my birthday presents, I take it all back.  I will gladly eat that crow with a little slap 'yo mamma sprinkled on top ; o )

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! WOW what a present.Your cooper is sweeeeeeeet!
    ((Hugs))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I'd say that's quite a present! (my hubby loves the mini coopers too) Enjoy :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd definitely say that your husband is off the hook for quite a while.
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, you get your baby back AND a new car? That's great.

    Also, you know your husband is going to have a tough time topping this present, right?

    Of course, if you're like me at all, the only thing I *really* want is a card, some flowers and for him to fix me dinner (don't even have to take me out!!). It's actually more about the *time* he takes to make me feel special than it is about the actual gift.

    xoxo Happy Birthday sweet lady. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jammie- Totally with you on that. Last year was nothing, crickets, and I ended up in tears. Hate that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes husbands get it right. Especially when it's REALLY obvious! Happy Birthday and glad you like your present. It looks like a very fun car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome birthday present! You are seriously the luckiest woman in the world. I envy you. Hehe. ;) Happy birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHMYGAWWWSHH, I am so jealous of you right now. If I write something similar about Mr. A and then delete it before anyone reads it, can this happen to me? I could really use a new car, too. :)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie- Give it a try....if it works we may be on to something big!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia