4.06.2012

Front Porch Fluffing plus a book nook ; o )

I woke up this morning and felt a bit overwhelmed by all I need to do, and getting over strep/still feeling schulmpy sick.  So I went to Target aka The Red Dot Boutique.

We all know that helps with feeling overwhelmed & schlumpy ; o )

I bought this to replace the aqua coloured plant container that used to be by the front door:


  Travis was off for a few days so he finished up the mini book case/book nook shelves at the end of the boy's bunk beds:




I love ways to display books that hold them front cover forward.  I think it encourages kids to read by seeing the front jacket- even if the "kids" are 17 and 11 years old.

Travis also got a chance to hang up the vintage school map that my dad gave me.  It was just sitting in his garage!  I could probably decorate my entire house from the contents of my parent's garage, but that's a whole other post!


The map now happily resides over the boy's tv & console area.  Tonight we will hang David's guitars and then just a bit of shoe molding to finish up and the built-in boy's bunk project will be "finished".

Now if I can talk Travis into a small kitchen shelf redo ; o )


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia