3.01.2012

When my blog grows up...

I want to be who I am and it be okay.

It's not much really.  Nothing profound or earth-shattering, just where I'd like to be.

1.  I'd like to fit in, be accepted for who I am, my quirky sense of humor, the fact that I talk too much, and be able to speak honestly.  I'd like  a "job" where that is okay.  When I think about my blog and what I'd like it to be when it grows up I picture a place where I can be creative and share ideas- even the outlandish ones!

2.  I'd like to write every day.  Get excited about new paint, projects & decorating and have others respond about their excitement for paint, projects & decorating.  Instead of people looking at me like I'm crazy for waking up at 3 am and painting, have comments of "Oh, I do that too!" in my in-box.  Kindred spirits of sorts.

3.  I'd like to go through a day and not question myself.  Am I good enough?  Smart enough?  Too vocal?  Too opinionated?  Not opinionated enough??  Do I count for something?

4.  I'd like to host a linky party.

5.  I'd like to take better pictures. (working on this one!)

When my blog grows up I want it to be free, confident, funny & content.

I want it to be me.






Linked up here

13 comments:

  1. I love your blog already. I can hardly wait to see your next project.
    Your blog is real, not the kind where you are trying to be someone or something you are not. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're too old to worry about what other people think of us. Not that we're old, but we have other stuff to worry about.

    And painting in the middle of the night isn't crazy at all. I've never done it myself, but only because I can't paint and sleep at the same time. If I could, I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you hold that kinky party... wait - what?

    ReplyDelete
  4. MC- That's why we are friends : o )

    Adam- Bwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are accepted - and for those that don't like it - keep on walking! We can't please everyone but just be yourself and you'll attract like minded people.

    Hosting a link party is pretty easy - gather some blog friends and do it together. Much less intimidating that way!

    So glad you joined our party - new follower.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! Thanks for linking up to our party and for sharing your heart! I think funny and confident are wonderful thing to be.....your blog is a reflection of you and all you love.

    Enjoy the journey, my friend!

    There is such inspiration in that.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute blog I'm your newest fan from the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie- Thank you, and welcome : o )

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Free, confident, funny & content ..."

    Admirable goals, my friend! And who wouldn't want a bloggy friend who can capture all those qualities?

    Thank you so much for opening up and sharing your blog hopes and dreams at our link party!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. #3 is my favorite- every single person has something to add to the blog world and something to add creatively- do not doubt yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So well said! Free, funny, confident and content...perfect blog goals.
    Thanks so much for linking up, sorry it's taken me so long to come by and check out your goals.
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia