2.18.2012

My Funny Valentine...

Being married to someone for over a decade, I think it is interesting to see how Valentines gifts evolve.  In the beginning it's cute stuffed bears holding a heart with a kitschy saying, red roses and of course, the Hallmark Valentine card professing endless love.

Those things are nice, but so not me- and hubby knows it.  A few Valentines ago he bought me our industrial cart/coffee table.

This year he kicked it up a notch...remembering when we were out antiquing one day how much I was oohing and drooling over this turn of the century watchmakers cabinet:




It is now our front entry table in the cottage...





He even had red roses delivered to me at school.  He is a serious contender for husband of the year ; o )



7 comments:

  1. Linda- I got lucky : o ) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Can I be you one day a year?? Love these pieces!! BTW, where did the furniture cart table come from...WANT!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beachbrights- LOL! The cart came from a warehouse somewhere in the midwest. The table came from an antique shop here close to Seabrook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are AMAZING !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon- Thank you : o ) I have a handy hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A husband who buys furniture for Valentine's Day!? You lucky lucky girl :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia