1.07.2012

Cutting the clutter...

  I recently spent a week getting a friend of mine moved & organized.  She was in a position where she had to be selective about what she took to her new place.  I told her to look at each item and ask herself these questions:  1.  Do I need it?   and   2.  Do I love it?  If she answered NO- she left it.

  The result was a streamlined and very organized living space.  There were a few things we needed to go out and get to fit the space, but overall she took exactly what she needed and loved.   She text me the other day to let me know how productive and light she felt in her new space.  Knowing that I helped someone to feel that way makes it all worth it!

  This is my new focus for the year.  Keeping my own space streamlined and organized.  It may not always show, but like everyone else I tend to hang on to things I no longer need or love.

  Now to get to work...

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Found your blog through Texasblog gals. Just wanted to stop by and Say Hi to a fellow Texas Blogger.
    I like the streamline idea. I have a few spots in my house that I have vowed to organize....streamline. Great blog
    http://mvkq3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a funny post, after looking at all the photos of your lovely decorating skills. I just can't see you go minimalist modern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to accumulate things. I love that you helped your friend that way. You are so awesome. :)

    Also, I keep meaning to email you and ask for your new address. I wanted to send you a Christmas card this year but between the new baby and family obligations, I never got to ask you.

    Love you. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia