7.13.2009

It's alright to be itty bitty...






On our way to San Antonio we passed by Luling. This is the home of Brad Kittel, the builder of Tiny Texas Houses. Now y'all know I am constantly talking about the day when Travis and I can downsize into a home that is less maintenance. I dream about it and tend to drool over any smallish cottage or bungalow I see. The ultimate in tiny though has to be the Tiny Texas Houses. Starting size? A mere 10x16 home. We did get to meet Brad and he showed us around his beautiful workshop. He has been salvaging materials from old farm houses and other homes all over the United States. The tiny houses are built using 99% pure salvage materials, and let me tell you- the construction quality is amazing.
Travis is not so keen on the idea of living so tiny. He wants room to move and I want less to keep up with and more time to travel. My efforts into green living have been received with skepticism at best. When I made the decision to stop using paper napkins and towels my family rolled their eyes, but they did oblige. When I wanted to buy a micro-car they thought it was cute. But the thought of living so small is not going over so well with Travis.

Maybe I could purchase a tiny house and live in his backyard.

8 comments:

  1. Besides loving the houses, Brad's just too awesome for words! The hat, the socks tan, the wife beater tucked into camo shorts with a belt, man sandals..... A Texas man at his finest. Truly awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's tiny. Don't think I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mcrass- You would LOVE the rusticness of the inside of his houses!!

    Lynn- It's not for everyone. Apparently it's not for my husband either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those houses are too cute! I don't know if I could do it! Maybe it could be my retreat house? To get away from my husband and kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And an itty bitty garage for that big car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joe- LOL

    Nanner- Me too, move here and we can each get one and form our own commune!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in. I appreciate all of your lovely comments...Tricia